If you’re looking for the best video calling app then you need to give Skype a try, this is a telecommunication app that specializes in video and voice calls between PC, tablets, and smartphones, you can also use this on an Xbox console and smartwatches via internet. It can also be used to exchange text messages and you can share documents like images, videos. Unlike other calling apps you can do conference calls with Skype which is definitely a plus point and a great feature to use. Skye is created by Swede Niklas Zennstrom and Dane Janus Friis in cooperation with other developers and has been in the market for quite some time now, but recently it gained a lot of popularity and the sudden increase in users which puts it in with some of the best apps.
You can download Skype from 9Apps which is a third party app store that doesn’t come in your device pre installed but you can download it from other sources like with an internet browser, you may have to go to settings first to enable downloading from other sources as many devices don’t have that settings turned on. You also need to ensure that you have Android version 4.3 or above otherwise you wont be able to download it successfully.
Download Skype via 9Apps
- First make sure to go to settings and turn on download from “Unknown Sources”
- Now open Chrome or your preferred browser and Download 9Apps.
- Wait for 9Apps to finish downloading.
- Once installed run 9Apps and type ‘Skype’ in the search bar provided above and hit search.
- Choose ‘Skype’ app and tap on the green ‘download’ button provided below.
- Wait for Skype to download and install on your Android device.
- Now you can use Skype to video call your friends anytime you want.